Monday, May 30, 2011

summer

Although things are expected to be relatively calm this coming week, I'm about to hit my peak summer activity time.

First, it's almost Hine's emerald dragonfly monitoring season. Although I won't have quite as much happening as last year (when we had eight people in the field on any given day, working on two different projects), it's still going to be a busier field season than anticipated.

Toward the end of that period, I'm going to take a break of a few days to attend the National Conference on Ecosystem Restoration (NCER) in Baltimore. My paper presentation is on August 2nd, and this year I'm stepping back from the hard science side to talk about policy, politics, and collaboration. NCER always inspires some fresh thinking, and as before I'm expecting to record my thoughts here in near live time from the conference venue.

No comments: