Saturday, November 29, 2014

24 years of restoration

The next series of posts will focus on the various mitigation projects I've worked on since 1990. While all of these qualify as habitat restoration at some level, the things they have in common are that I worked on them in my consulting role, and most (but not all) were intended to mitigate for some project-related impact. Perhaps later I'll take a look at some of the pure restoration projects I've been involved in over the years, however there are some important lessons to be learned from the mitigation projects.

These follow only a very rough timeline. The larger projects lasted for years, in one case for 14 years. Smaller projects came and went in the midst of these. Some were designed and built quickly, others were built only several years after design. So there's some jumping back and forth within a very roughly older to newer progression.

No comments: